Today's doctor visit went well. The doc was running an hour and a half behind schedule, so the waiting was long, but we are used to that. He often runs behind, due to the way he takes time with his patients, including us. So, we just accept the fact that we will probably have to wait. Its the "price" for having a good doctor.
1. The swelling in my arm is almost gone, which is a good sign the blood clot has dissolved or is almost dissolved. However, the doc wants me to continue with the Arixtra shots (a blood thinner) a little while longer, just to be "safe." In two weeks, I'll have another Doppler done to check the status of the clot. Then, I will see the doc again one week after that to discuss the results.
2. My blood pressure was high today. It was also high 2 weeks ago when I was seeing the doc. Not sure what is causing that, but we will keep an eye on it.
3. I have been having a lot of pain and stiffness in my joints for the past few weeks. The doc said it could still be a side effect of the chemo, or it could be a deficiency in Vitamin D. They drew blood on me to check my levels for that, and I will know the results in a couple of days.
4. I am doing good on the Tamoxifen. I'm thankful for no major side effects so far.
5. My hair has been growing back! Right now, it is very soft and seems to be a bit darker than it was previously, but we shall see what its like as it continues to grow.
Over all, I seem to be making progress with my health. I'm so glad for that. Thanks again for all the prayers. God is faithful.
Psalm 119:89-90 - Forever, O Lord, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens. Your faithfulness endures to all generations.