Let me tell you right now, this is not just your ordinary blogging review program. When I first signed up to be a Gabby Mom, I thought I was simply joining an ordinary review program where I would receive a product, use it, and write a review on my blog. But, it turned out to be much more than I expected. It has been fun for me, and a learning experience; but also challenging. I have been challenged in many different ways, including ways to improve upon my duties as a wife, a mom, and as a Christian.
That said, if you enjoy learning about new products for wives and mothers, if you enjoy writing reviews, if you have the time to commit to reviewing at least one product per month, and if you are willing to be challenged in various ways... then you would fit right in! So, go ahead and fill out the application form today!
On another note, us Gabby Moms were given another product of Lorrie Flem’s to review this month. (She’s the publisher of Eternal Encouragement Magazine... remember?) Well, this product has so much information in it that we were told to separate it into two different reviews. So, this month, I want to share a series of “fives” with you from just the first 2 sessions (the first 2 “R’s”) of Five R's for Godly Womanhood.
To be quite honest, it was a bit overwhelming for me to review these two sessions. The main reason is because they are both chock full of great information. It was hard for me to know what to share with you because there was just so much! Really! The series of five comments (below) hardly touch the surface and there is so much more to hear and learn from each of these sessions. But, since I don’t really want to write an entire book (and I doubt you want to read one right now), I’ll just start with these few comments...
Five comments from session 1
“Refresh: A Woman Who Kneels Before God Can Stand Before Anyone”
(REFRESHING our relationship with the Heavenly Father)
- You cannot have a growing relationship with anyone unless you spend time with them. That includes the Lord.
- Daily quiet time helps us get the strength we need to make it through the day.
- None of us have enough time to spend time in Bible study and prayer - we must MAKE time.
- Time with the Lord should not be a “chore”- it is a privilege.
- Meditate on Scripture. Pick a verse each day and read it over and over. Focus on it throughout the day. Incorporate it into your life and it will help you to maintain a right frame of mind.
Five comments from session 2
“Rekindle: Red Hot is So Cool”
(Ideas to help wives REKINDLE our relationships with our husbands)
- Loving our spouse MORE than we love ourselves is the key to keeping a marriage strong.
- Flirt with Him. Treat him the way you treated him when you were dating or first married.
- A lack of desire from you is not a reason to deprive him.
- Nagging doesn’t work. If you consistently feed him love, encouragement and affirmation, he will feel loved, desired and safe. This is when he is more likely to listen to you, versus your nagging at him. Its not your job to change your husband. Its your job to love him, and God’s job to change him.
- Intimacy is tied to love and respect. If wives don’t feel loved they withhold respect. If our husbands don’t feel respected, they don’t act in ways that make us feel loved. This cycle is found in Eph. 5:33 - “However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” (NIV)
- Refine: From Homekeeping 101 to Graduating With Honors
- Rejuvenate: What To Do When Abel Is Raising Cain
- Rest: Give it Up and Get it All
Disclaimer: I received The 5 R’s to Godly Womanhood as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement Magazine. I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.
I had to chuckle when I saw how you just put out a few key points....that is exactly how my review looks also (yet to be posted)ReplyDelete
There really was so much information that it was very hard to be brief, this was the only way I could think to be sure I was brief ;)
Cindy fellow GM
Great review Vicky. I love reading about what you took from the products. They are so great and speak to each of us in different ways!ReplyDelete
It was a little overwhelming, wasn't it?ReplyDelete
But, what a wealth of information and encouragement it was! :)
Very nice review, Vicky! Succinct (which was hard this review LOL) and easy to read :)ReplyDelete
You picked such great tidbits to share! Thanks for your review.ReplyDelete
Nice review, Clean and too the point! :) Like it!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the comments, everyone!ReplyDelete