The word of the week is MOTHER (Of course! What else would it be on Mother's Day!)
Not everyone has had the privilege of being raised by a great mom - I know that - and, I'm truly sorry if this is a hard day for you for whatever reason. But, I want to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about my mom, because she is a huge part of what made me the person I am today. She is not perfect but she has been (and always will be) the perfect mom for me; and I am sure my brother and sister would say the same. Let me tell you about our mom....: a term of address for a female parent or a woman having or regarded as having the status, function, or authority of a female parent.
- She was born a beautiful, natural red head.
- She was number 3 out of 5 children.
- She was born premature and nearly died as an infant.
- She married my dad at the age of 16, and has been married to him for 54 years!
- She raised three children (one of them is me) and, along with Dad, did her best to train us in the way we should go (Proverbs 22:6).
- She was a stay at home mom and homemaker.
- She was always organized and liked things neat and tidy.
- She had a set day of each week when she cleaned the house - Mondays.
- She made home cooked meals, and was a good cook. (I'll probably cover that more in an upcoming blog post.)
- She was almost always home for us when we got home from school.
- She often had baked treats for us when we got home from school.
- She accepted Christ at the age of 21, and her love for Him is evident.
- She taught me and my siblings about the Lord and had us memorize verses.
- She keeps a prayer journal and has prayed faithfully for her family over the years.
- She loves to laugh and have a good time.
- She has been known to throw a few temper tantrums, but always apologized and didn’t stay mad for long.
- Her favorite meat is pork chops.
- Her favorite dessert is blackberry pie.
- Her favorite verse is Hebrews 13:5 - Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (ESV)
- Her favorite song is Gentle Shepherd.
- She is honest and loving.
- She is a generous and giving person.
- She is a great listener, and a great encourager.
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I would love to know your thoughts! (NOTE: There will be a delay before your comment shows up due to all comments being moderated. Advertisements or spam will not be approved for publication.)