|The 100 Most Encouraging Verses of the Bible
1. Its a thin paperback book.
2. It is a short, easy to read, devotional type book.
3. It is not full of non-essential words, as there is only one page per verse.
4. It includes a lot of Biblical encouragement.
5. It includes many familiar and expected verses, but also includes many I had never thought of as being encouraging.
The book I am talking about is The 100 Most Encouraging Verses of the Bible by Troy Schmidt.
An example of a familiar verse is Isaiah 41:10. It is fairly self-explanatory:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
An example of a verse that may not seem so encouraging at first glance is Genesis 21:6:
And Sarah said, "God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me."
The author has this to say about Genesis 21:6:
In times of despair, God can do things to make you laugh. Sarah found the humor in her desperation. She had given up hope; now she offered up laughs. Look for the laughter in your situation. (page 10)
If you like quick, easy devotional-type books, this would be a good one to have on your nightstand. You can read about one or two verses as you start your day, or pick it up before you shut the lights out at night. I have been encouraged by the book, and I think you will be also.
I received a free copy of this book from the Bethany House Blogger Review Program for the purpose of this review.