As a grandparent, consider some of these ideas that may help encourage your grandchildren to live a life of faith:
- Pray for them on a regular basis, and also be sure to TELL them you are praying for them.
- Ask them HOW you can pray for them.
- Teach them how to pray and/or take them to church with you, if their parents will allow it. (It's always important to be respectful of the parents wishes.)
- For young ones, read stories to them that tell of God's love for them.
- For grandchildren of ALL ages, share stories from your own life about times when prayers have been answered, or when you needed to TRUST God to help you through a difficult situation. Share your stories in person, or over the phone; or go one step further and record them on a cassette tape, or ask someone to video tape you telling your stories. What a special gift that would be!
- If you enjoy writing, take the time to write your faith/trust stories in a notebook or journal in your own handwriting. This would be another great gift to give to the generations that follow you! Or, you could type up an entire memoir and get it self-published. If that is the direction you choose to go in, my friend Linda has a lot of helpful information on memoir writing over at her blog: SPIRITUAL MEMOIRS 101
|At Robin Hood Woods Campground with Grandma & Grandpa S. - July 2004|
|On our church playground with Grandma & Grandpa Mc. - 2005|
|Various photos with Grandma & Grandpa S. in 2007|
|Playing at a park while visiting Grandpa & Grandma Mc. - August 2009|
|Visiting Great Grandma Mac in her home - June 2011|
|Celebrating the Holidays with Grandpa & Grandma S. - 2013|
|Various photos with Grandma & Grandpa Mc. in 2014|
|Both sets of grandparents at our house for a visit - August 2015|
|Mother's Day with Grandma Mc. - May 2018|
|Visiting a covered bridge with Grandma & Grandpa S. - May 2018|
HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY!
Psalm 92:14-15 (NIV)
Psalm 92:14-15 (NIV)
"They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming,
“The Lord is upright; he is my Rock,
and there is no wickedness in Him."