Charles Swindoll, a well-known Bible-teaching pastor and the Founder of INSIGHT FOR LIVING, has a quote based around the verse above. He says:
"We must cease striving and TRUST God to provide what He thinks is best and in whatever time He chooses to make it available. But this kind of trusting doesn't come naturally. It's a spiritual crisis of the will in which we must choose to exercise faith." - Charles R. Swindoll
If we wish to strengthen our TRUST, we must choose to exercise our FAITH.
How do we do that? We cease striving.
In other words, BE STILL! Exodus 14:14 - "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Stop fighting and struggling to win a war YOU cannot win! Be at rest as you pray and acknowledge that God is in control of your circumstances. BELIEVE He will not fail you. Have FAITH in Him.
I've heard it said that FAITH is "believing without seeing." In fact, Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." (NIV)
Having faith means:
- Believing God is real, and good, and is always watching over us, even when we can't physically see Him.
- Choosing to "see" God through the actions of other Believers, and in the beauty surrounding us.
- Believing God's Word is true, and that He will always keep His promises.
- Trusting that ALL things will work out for the good of those who love Him.
- Having hope that better things are on the way.
Cease striving (be still) and know that HE IS GOD.
It is a choice.
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment. I would love to know your thoughts! (NOTE: There will be a delay before your comment shows up due to all comments being moderated. Advertisements or spam will not be approved for publication.)