Seven years ago today, we moved into our current home.
Let me share with you 5 big ways this church showed the love of Jesus and welcomed us to town:
We were blown away by how helpful, friendly, and generous these people had been, and are very grateful for how they went out of their way to welcome us to town, and to their church.
YOU can be a big encouragement to newcomers in your neighborhood by doing one or all of these welcoming suggestions:
1. Help them unload the moving truck.
2. Help them set up their beds.
3. Help them clean the cupboards before putting dishes away.
4. keep an eye on their pets or their children, if they have any.
5. Provide a meal.
6. Mow their lawn.
7. Invite them to church.
8. Welcome them to your church and show them around.
9. Give them a welcome basket full of gift certificates and coupons to local businesses.
10. Get to know them by inviting them over for a meal, or for coffee and dessert.