In all cases, I’ve come to realize the struggles we face are “not against flesh and blood.” In other words, the struggles we encounter do not really come from dealing with people, but from something much deeper. They come from the conniving plots of the devil. Let me explain...
Satan will do whatever he can to discourage us in our Christian walk - by bringing strife into our relationships, making us doubt who we are in Christ, and making us feel unworthy of God’s love. Satan knows that if he can get us to stay focused on ourselves and on the things of this world, we will not be focusing on the Lord. He knows his days are limited here on earth and it is his greatest desire to thwart any advances in spreading the wonderful news of salvation to others. This is why its important for us to “be strong in the Lord” by consciously putting on our spiritual armor every day. I’m speaking to myself here, too! I know I need to try and be more consistent about doing this, especially during the Winter season when the “blues” seem to hit much harder.
Eph 6:10-18 says...
(10) Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
(11) Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
(12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
(13) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
(14) Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
(15) and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
(16) In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
(17) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
(18) And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
If you are experiencing strife in your relationships at work or in the community - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.
If you are struggling with your spouse today, or any other family members - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.
If you are struggling with addiction in any shape or form - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.
If you are allowing your thoughts and emotions to get the best of you today (guilt, pride, anger, embarrassment, unworthiness, etc.) - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.
If you are doubting the existence of God because He’s not answering your prayers as soon as you think He should - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.
If you are getting so busy with your life that you don’t feel you have time to attend church or spend time alone with the Lord - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.
If you are feeling discouraged today for whatever reason - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.
Don’t quit praying and seeking God’s direction for your life. Don’t succumb to Satan’s evil plans - STAND FIRM against the schemes of the devil.